Andrew Cao is a lawyer with Kolthammer Batchler & Laidlaw LLP, located in Edmonton, AB. First joining the firm in 2012 as an associate, Andrew has developed experience in a vast number of areas relating to real estate, wills and estates, and personal injuries. His passion for people and helping clients find the best deals possible creates a stress-free transaction experience.
Andrew gives tips for simplifying the real estate transaction processes, and explains the benefits of planning ahead with an updated Real Property Report.
[0:50] How to Simplify Transactions
- Recognize the need for a lawyer, whether you’re buying or selling.
- Find a lawyer through a friend or family; work someone you can trust.
- Pick your lawyer before listing the property.
- These are important for buyers and sellers.
- Sellers are required to provide an updated RPR to the buyer.
- The RPR is a survey of the outside of the property which shows all of the external improvements.
- It is beneficial to acquire the RPR early on in the process. Ensure it is current and accurate.
- Include an updated version of the RPR even for minor improvements.
- Save time and money by being well-prepared.