Dan Swanston is a Sales Agent with Combined Insurance, based in Edmonton, AB. Specializing in supplemental insurance, Dan has been with Combined since 2015. With a formal education in psychology and a background of working for the benefit of others, Dan strives to bring value to his clients through the products he represents. Developing relationships and working with others face-to-face is one of his many passions within the industry.
Dan discusses how supplemental insurance can qualify the typically uninsurable, as well as what sets Combined apart from other insurance providers.
[0:19] What is Gap insurance?
- Gap insurance fills the void in traditional group insurance plans.
- Most plans don’t start for 90 to 100 days.
[1:15] Is there a specific industry that you cater too?
- Trade workers
- A lot of times when trade workers get hurt, they have to take over a month off.
[3:00] Should I get this insurance to supplement my group plan with my employer?
- Some coverage is better than others but typically there will be holes in your group plan.
[4:00] What is your favorite insurance plan?
- The top one we have is our hospital plan.
- The 2nd plan would be our short-term disability plan.