We previously talked with Brad on episode 6 of ILSPRE!
Brad discusses the common misconception that newly built properties do not need an inspection.
[0:53] What is the goal of a home inspection?
- There are potential problems which exist from the original building of a property.
- A home inspection ensures the security and stability of a home.
- In the long term, repairs are typically more costly than an immediate, upfront fix.
[1:34] How does the homeowner benefit from an inspection on a new build home?
- The homeowner is not charged more for the fix during the build.
- A home inspection should be a condition of the purchase.
- Ask for a home inspection as part of the contract.
[2:20] Any examples you can share?
- Whether damage occurred during a build or an aspect was missed during the construction, a home inspection is a crucial part of the home buying process.
[4:00] What does the home inspection process look like?
- All areas of the home are looked over.
- Even the roof is checked, depending on the weather.
- A checklist ensures nothing is missed.
[5:10] What about new build condos?
- Realistically, a condo inspection is less critical than a home inspection.
- Indoor areas are often similar and the inspection checklist is the same.
- Hiring a professional allows confidence and high reputable quality.
Contact Brad Hanson
- Web: hansoninspections.com
- Phone: 780-907-9177
- E-mail: email@example.com