Kent Zadko is a Financial Advisor with Edward Jones, located in Sherwood Park, AB. With past work experience as a Consultant, and currently over 2 years with Edward Jones, Kent excels in helping clients understand their options and working alongside them to find the best possible solution to their specific financial needs.
Edward Jones serves almost 7 million investors throughout North America. Their long-term approach to investing is at the heart of their success as a business. Ranked among the 50 Best Employers in Canada, as well as being privately owned, Edward Jones adds a personal, familial manner of operation.
Kent shares about disability insurance, and to protect yourself and your family from potential risks.
[1:10] What is Disability Insurance?
- Disability insurance is also known simply as “DI Coverage”.
- This is typically offered through your work.
- The average person does not understand how much they will earn between the ages of 30-65.
- Your most valuable asset is your health and your ability to work.
- Disability plans often only last up to 2 years.
[2:55] How is DI Coverage different than what’s offered through a job?
- Understand the specifics of your plan through your work.
- A personal coverage plan is your foundation.
- The potential loss from an accident, especially if not covered, can be devastating.
- It is important to understand the risks and volatility of accidents, and potential instability of a career and how it effects your coverage.