Kent Zadko is a Financial Advisor with Edward Jones, located in Sherwood Park, AB. With past work experience as a Consultant, and currently over 2 years with Edward Jones, Kent excels in helping clients understand their options and working alongside them to find the best possible solution to their specific financial needs.
Edward Jones serves almost 7 million investors throughout North America. Their long-term approach to investing is at the heart of their success as a business. Ranked among the 50 Best Employers in Canada, as well as being privately owned, Edward Jones adds a personal, familial manner of operation.
Kent shares about Critical Illness Insurance, available premiums, and how it can benefit people in various stages of life.
[0:55] What is Critical Illness Insurance?
- Critical Illness Insurance is also known simply as “CI”.
- CI is an insurance coverage which offers a “living benefit” – a lump sum ranging between $25,000 – $2,000,000 in coverage.
- There are no questions from the insurance company about how the money is used; it could be put towards savings, bills, or even a vacation.
- The approach allows clients to carry on with life however they choose.
- Life-threatening cancers, heart attacks, and strokes cover roughly 88% of claims in Canada.
- 21 other claims, such as Alzheimer’s, also exist.
- Waiting periods can range from 31-181 days.
- CI has been around about 30 years in Canada.
[3:43] Are there premiums or other added benefits available?
- A return of premium policy allows the client to spend a set amount each month and have any unused invested funds returned to you at the end of the period.
- This is also known as a “self-funding insurance plan.”
- If the money is not used, it is returned in full. In the long-term there is no cost.
[6:04] Who is CI for?
- People with families and life insurance plans already in place will largely benefit from adding on CI to their existing insurance.
- Those under the age of 30 without a family or home can benefit from CI without needing to buy life insurance.
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Web: Kent Zadko on Edward Jones
- Phone: 780-467-9951